Minority Post Pre Matric Scholarships: National Prime Minister has given a nod to the applications for the Minority Scholarships under the funds of the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Under this scheme, the Government wants to strive for the uplifting of Minority education by providing them the necessary funds for the tuition fee and other expenditure in education. Based on the level of education and merit, the Central Government has divided the Scholarships into Pre Matric, Post Matric and Merit cum Mean Scholarships. With a target to give scholarships to nearly 5 Lakh students within a stipulated time, this program has been launched.
Minority Post Pre Matric Scholarships:
About Scholarship for Minorities in India:
The word minority refers to the Social communities which have the least population than the Majority go up in the country. So people in communities like Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) are considered Minorities in India under section 2C. A ministry has been delicately working in these communities and the present Central Minister for Minority Affairs is Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Recently PM Narendra Modi has decided to give the funding to this Ministry so that it can help the minorities in the states/ UTs with necessary scholarships to the much-needed minorities. They have decided to provide scholarships to nearly 5 Lakh students studying in schools, colleges, ITIs, Degree colleges, etc.
Important Dates 2019-20
For the scholarships to be provided for the year 2019-20, candidates need to register or renew with respect to the following dates:
Start date of Minority Pre Matric/ Post Matric/ MoMA scholarships: 15th July 2019
Closing date for the applications: 31st October 2019
Last date of the verification of defective applications: 15th November 2019
Last date for Verification of institutes: 15th November 2019
Eligibility for the candidates to apply for the different Scholarships:
Students belonging to different Minority sections and economic groups need to know the eligibility, whether they can apply for the scholarships or not. So here are the eligibility criteria discussed in detail.
Eligibility for the Post Matric Scholarship Application:
Post Matric in the sense, students who have just completed 10th class and are either studying in 11th, 12th classes or vocational courses, diploma, polytechnic, ITI, etc. So this will be Higher Secondary level Education. Candidates need to have scored at least 50% of marks in their earlier Qualifying exam. The annual income of their families should not exceed 2 Lakhs per annum.
Eligibility for the Pre Matric Scholarship Application
Students who are studying in any of the classes between 1st and 10th classes can apply for the scholarships called Pre Matric Scholarships. Parents can help the students do so. Students must have scored not less than 50% marks in the previous class final exam. The annual income of the parents should not cross 1 Lakh to get these scholarships.
Eligibility for the MoMA Scholarship Application:
Based on the candidates’ performance in the competitive exams attempted to get into any Technical/ Professional courses to pursue an education in UG Colleges can apply for this scheme. This is called a Merit Cum Means Scholarship. The annual income of the family should be less than 2.5 Lakhs.
Documents to be uploaded or Required to Apply for the Scholarships:
Students should have the following original documents to apply for any of the above-stated Scholarships. They should be a soft copy of less 200kB files on the computer after scanning. These documents include:
1) Passport Size photo of the student
2) Domicile/ Residential Certificate (State/ UT)
3) Proof of Bank Account in the name of the student (For Pre matric>> Joint account of parent and student can help)
4) Institutional Verification Form. A copy of the form is annexed
5) Religion Certificate (Minorities only)
6) Income Certificate provided or issued by State or Union Territory issuing body
7) Memo of marks
i) For fresh applications: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Qualifying test Marks sheet.
ii) For Renewal applications: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous exam Marks sheet which can be the same or ongoing course.
8) Fee Receipt paid to the institution for the present studying course year.
How to Apply for Minority Scholarships:
Candidates need to first familiar with the type of application (Fresh/ Renewal)
New user Registration Link for Post/ Pre Matric/ MoMA scholarships,
After Registering Apply Online Here for Fresh Scholarships,
Link for Renewal Of Scholarships,
Steps to Register and Apply Online:
1) Surf to the provided new user Registration link if applying for the first time
2) Enter the details of the student along with email ID, Bank account, IFSC code, mobile number, state, etc.
3) Now registration ID along with the password will be sent to the mail ID or mobile number
4) Now go to the Apply web pages based on Renewal / Fresh
5) Provide all the details of education
6) Upload all the required documents provided on the list.
7) Submit the application and your application will be examined by the Authority for the approval.
For Pre Matric Scholarship applicants, these are the following amounts dispersed:
Amount as Admission fee (6th to 10th classes): Rs. 500 per year
Amount as Tuition fee for the class (6th to 10th classes): Rs. 350 per month
Amount as Maintenance allowance:
1) Day Scholars: Rs. 100 per month for class 1st to 10th for a period of 10 months
2) Hostels: Rs. 600 per month for class 6 to 10 for a period of 10 months
For Post Matric and MoMA scholarship Amounts, check the guidelines here:
The FAQ on scholarships,
Guidelines for Post Matric Scholarships,
Guidelines for Pre Matric Scholarships,
Guidelines for Merit cum means Scholarships:
- 1 Minority Post Pre Matric Scholarships:
- 1.0.1 Important Dates 2019-20
- 1.0.2 Eligibility for the candidates to apply for the different Scholarships:
- 1.0.3 Eligibility for the Post Matric Scholarship Application:
- 1.0.4 Eligibility for the Pre Matric Scholarship Application
- 1.0.5 Eligibility for the MoMA Scholarship Application:
- 1.0.6 How to Apply for Minority Scholarships:
- 1.0.7 Steps to Register and Apply Online:
- 1.0.8 Scholarship Amounts:
- 1.0.9 Amount as Maintenance allowance: